To be updated.
The Radio Edge Cloud blueprint is requesting maturity review for Akraino release 2.
- Validation lab check
- Multiple Jenkins jobs exist for deploying REC to multiple clusters and for RIC installation and various testing. The jobs listed below are the primary CD jobs. Additional job logs can be viewed on Nexus, but these listed here are the relevant ones for Akraino maturity review
- AT&TInwinstack Thor Chin
- UNH Vipin Rathi
- Release inclusion check
- REC was included in Akraino Release 13
- SW quality/functional check
- REC is passing the blueprint validation tests
- There are some validation tests that are currently flawed (e.g. Redfish) or not applicable (e.g. OpenStack) so this statement of passing validation tests only applies to the valid validation :-)
- REC uses the TA “Cloud Test Automation Framework” which mostly passes but is under continuous development so new tests continue to be added on an ongoing basis, so it is not expected to be 100% passing at every point in time
- REC has passed security scanning by a number of Open Source and proprietary tools used by AT&T’s security organization.
- Sonarqube is only scanning ta-caas-install, but not the rest of the repositories. Need to investigate why.
- The Akraino security requirements don’t provide documentation on how to configure Lynis (i.e. is “lynis audit system --quick” sufficient or is specific configuration and tuning expected) but we have REC clusters available to run the tool if instructions are provided. In the absence of step by step instructions, our security organization has scanned with the tools that they routinely use and have expertise in. We did run lynis and we're satisfied with the results.
- HW definition check
- A reference platform is documented for the primary validation lab https://wiki.akraino.org/display/AK/Radio+Edge+Cloud+Validation+Lab
- Additional hardware information for non-reference platforms (REC/TA targets broad hardware support) is available in the installation guide https://wiki.akraino.org/display/AK/REC+Installation+Guide#RECInstallationGuide-HardwareRequirements:
- Support for ARM hardware is being actively developed but may not be complete in time for Akraino release 2 https://wiki.akraino.org/display/AK/Porting+REC+on+aarch64
- Upstream dependency check
- The upstream dependencies are enumerated in non-machine-readable form on the wiki https://wiki.akraino.org/display/AK/REC+Architecture+Document#RECArchitectureDocument-ComponentsofRadioEdgeCloud and in machine readable form in the Gerrit repos as described in https://wiki.akraino.org/display/AK/Gerrit+Code+Repository+Overview
- Documentation check
- Documentation was created for Akraino Release 1 2 and 3 and some minor updates have been made but we are not aware of any significant documentation issues
- Community Health and Stability check
- Meetings are held weekly and minutes are published with a list of attendees https://wiki.akraino.org/display/AK/Radio+Edge+Cloud+Project+Meetings
- Meeting content includes welcoming new participants and providing introduction to the projects as well as discussing ongoing progress
- Contributions from ENEA Inwinstack, Arm, Tencent, PSU, Orange, IBM, HTC, are working on adding ARM support to the previously x86-only code https://gerrit.akraino.org/r/#/q/topic:aarch64-support+(status:open+OR+status:merged)