The INFO.yaml file provides information to the teams, or anyone else, on the team that owns the code.
In the INFO.yaml we can find specific information to the main PTL, committers with contact details,
meeting information and real time communication and list of repositories under the same control.
The INFO.yaml also provides history of changes made to the group, like addition and removal of
members with TSC or coordinator approval references depending on the project rules.
Every time there are changes to the team in general, the INFO.yaml must be kept updated by the tech team.
Finding the committer group owners for every repo in Gerrit
To find the matching committers group that own a specific Gerrit project:
- Search for the project at https://gerrit.akraino.org/r/admin/repos and click on the desired project.
- Go to the "Access" tab in the project.
- Look for the "Owner" information.
- We need to know the correct group name that owns the aiedge repo
- Search for the "aiedge" project in https://gerrit.akraino.org/r/admin/repos
- Go to the "Access" tab: https://gerrit.akraino.org/r/admin/repos/aiedge,access
- Look at the "Owner", which is "akraino-gerrit-aiedge-committers".
Automation is now supported on INFO.yaml changes.
The process looks like this:
- Tech team modifies/adds a new INFO.yaml file
- Tech team gets the change merged in gerrit.akraino.org
- Automation will create a similar change in gerrit.linuxfoundation.org
- The change will get merged too and perform the changes in LDAP directly with no manual intervention needed.
Tips on finding the right timezones
Timezones are tricky, we recommend using https://time.is to search for the proper timezone information to a particular region.
For example: https://time.is/Beijing (The IANA time zone identifier for Beijing is Asia/Shanghai)
INFO.yaml verify job
Global-jjb provides a verify job specific for INFO.yaml files:
Is a responsibility of the tech teams to add this verify job for their INFO.yaml files.