Submitted by: ibleducation.com
The Akraino community is dedicated to providing open infrastructures and application blueprints for the edge, covering a wide range of use cases including 5G, AI, Edge. IaaS/PaaS, and IoT. These blueprints have been tested by the community and are ready for adoption or customization as needed. In order to support the adoption and customization of these blueprints, the Akraino community needs a skills platform to educate and certify engineers on the knowledge and skills required to work with Akraino.
The objective of the Akraino Skills Platform is to provide a comprehensive and convenient way for engineers to learn about the Akraino blueprints, how to customize and deploy them, and how to troubleshoot and maintain them. The platform will provide a range of educational resources, including online courses, hands-on labs, and certification exams, to help engineers gain the knowledge and skills needed to work with Akraino.
The Akraino Skills Platform will cover the following areas:
- Overview of the Akraino community and its goals
- Understanding the different Akraino blueprints and their use cases
- Customizing and deploying Akraino blueprints
- Troubleshooting and maintaining Akraino blueprints
- Certification exams to demonstrate proficiency in working with Akraino
- Online courses: The platform will offer a range of online courses, including video lectures, quizzes, and hands-on labs, to provide in-depth knowledge of the Akraino blueprints and how to work with them.
- Hands-on labs: The platform will provide hands-on labs that allow engineers to practice their skills in a live environment, working with real Akraino blueprints and infrastructure.
- Certification exams: The platform will offer certification exams to demonstrate proficiency in working with Akraino. Engineers who pass the exams will receive a certificate indicating their knowledge and skills in this area.
- Community support: The platform will provide a community forum where engineers can ask questions and share knowledge with their peers.
- Engineer education is for growth / marketing of the program. Engineers need to learn the latest technology in order to advance their careers, and establish with their employers, peers and recruiters that they’ve learned it.
- The courses will culminate in certifications or microcredentials, which can correspond to any of the following: understanding the fundamental use cases and codebase, maintenance, unit testing, extensions or applications to a certain industry. They will also provide engineers with a “how to” venue to get answers, collaborate with each other and, potentially, benefit from mentor support.
- Sharing certificates on social media is also going to viralize the offering and lead to a positive feedback loop, as peers are going to view and wonder what it takes to earn it.
- Ramp up community and adoption
- Comprehensive education: The Akraino Skills Platform will provide comprehensive education on the Akraino blueprints and how to work with them, covering a range of topics and use cases.
- Convenient learning: The platform will offer online courses and hands-on labs that can be accessed from anywhere, making it easy for engineers to learn at their own pace and schedule.
- Validation of skills: Certification exams will validate the skills and knowledge of engineers, helping to ensure that they are prepared to work with Akraino.
- Improved adoption of Akraino blueprints: By providing a way for engineers to learn about and become proficient in working with Akraino, the skills platform will help to increase the adoption of Akraino blueprints in the community.
The Akraino Skills Platform will provide a comprehensive and convenient way for engineers to learn about and become proficient in working with Akraino blueprints. By offering online courses, hands-on labs, and certification exams, the platform will help to educate and certify a new generation of engineers who are ready to work with the latest edge technologies.
Blueprint Family - Proposed Name
IBL Skills Platform - Engineer Education
Blueprint proposed Name
Initial POD Cost (capex)
Less than $150k (TBD)
Scale & Type
Software as a Service ; Containers on either AWS or Azure
- The Akraino Skills Platform provides comprehensive education on Akraino blueprints and the ecosystem at large and how to work with them, covering a range of topics and use cases.
- The platform offers online courses and hands-on labs that can be accessed from anywhere, allowing engineers to learn at their own pace and schedule.
- Certification exams are available to validate the skills and knowledge of engineers, helping to increase the adoption of Akraino blueprints and the ecosystem at large in the community.
N/A; Container capacity proportional to the number of students on the platform
The cloud/network infrastructure: Containers, Amazon Web Services (ECS or EC2)
Operating systems: Linux (Ubuntu)
Container runtime: Docker
Amazon Web Services
Committer Contact Info
Miguel Amigot, Computer Scientist and Electrical Engineer, is the Chief Technology Officer of ibleducation.com, the New York-based software behind the AI-driven and open-source training platforms of some of the largest Fortune 50, academic and government organizations in the world.
|Ashlynn Brown is a Project and Account Manager at ibleducation.com, the New York-based software behind the AI-driven and open source training platforms of some of the largest Fortune 50, academic and government organizations in the world.