Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Meeting Time: 07:00 AM PT / 03:00 PM UTC (See call time in different zones)

BRIDGE: https://zoom.us/j/808329801?pwd=b2pmd3dQZitkSDlsQkNGMTd3K09yZz09


Meeting Recording: https://zoom.us/rec/share/tFdK_LPPJHQhhghcKpU6ZIGNUzYvatyJqSUz5Cwnzsqk32ZQZmikOL3hw2y16DIR.bfJhanvoEfBmw_r6?startTime=1617112743000

(Example of collaborative meeting minutes, using Presos/Notes/Links: https://wiki.onap.org/display/DW/TSC+2020-03-12)

Attendance 

AttendedProxy (w/ @name)Gov. HolidayDid Not Attend

Attendance is taken purely upon #info in Zoom Chat 

Time
(mins)

Agenda Items

Presented By

Presos/Notes/Links/

10

Release 5 Planning


10

Akraino Awards

Ike, Aaron, Jim, Oleg, Tina, Brett, Jeff

10

Federated Multi-Access Edge Cloud Platform

Deepak VijFederated Multi-Access Edge Cloud Platform - Akraino - Akraino Confluence

10

Process Sub-Committee recommendation and TSC voting on 

Federated Multi-Access Edge Cloud Platform

and 

Maturity Review Certification of IEC Type 4 AR/VR Oriented Edge Stack

Biswajit De
10

Akraino Certification Program

Guide for Akraino Apps run on Tencent Cloud

Moved to Thursday

Bart Dong
15

Information on MindManager purchase- moved to Thursday

Jeff BrowerNeeded for API Map work (API Map info page here)

10

PTL Updates

  • PTLs to provide updates on the status of the Blueprints and Feature Projects

Approved blueprints

Approved Incubation Feature Projects

Action Items (Open Action Item Tracker)

  •  

Votes (template below)

TSC Voting to Approve Maturity Review Certification of IEC Type 4 AR/VR Oriented Edge Stack:

Motion: Tina Tsou

Second: Oleg Berzin

Passes



TSC Voting to Approve XYZ:

Motion: Tina Tsou

Second: Oleg Berzin


passes


Zoom Chat Log

Peter Pouliot to Everyone (7:06 AM)
PeterHere: 1 short
Jim St. Leger to Everyone (7:19 AM)
The DPDK community started community awards a few years ago. https://www.dpdk.org/blog/2020/09/27/dpdk-community-awards-recognize-development-excellence/
Things you need to consider: 1. How often will these awards be given? Annually? each release?
Jim St. Leger to Everyone (7:20 AM)
2. Categories. The list being shown looks very specific and big. I personally think it's far too specific. I'd recommend fewer, more inclusive categories. If you have too many awards it dilutes the value of the awards.
Jeff Brower to Everyone (7:21 AM)
"If you have too many awards it dilutes the value of the awards"

Agree
Jim St. Leger to Everyone (7:22 AM)
3. Gender Specific: I understand what you are trying to do here and am VERY supportive of the concept. But delineating male/female goes against the spirit of inclusion. What you want to do is encourage diverse participation, and if you read open source community reports you'll see they are 93% male and less than 5% female (the balance being "did not answer.) How do you encourage women w/o making their award based on their gender versus their contribution? That's a tough challenge, but please do consider it.
Oleg Berzin to Everyone (7:23 AM)
I agree with Jim
Jim St. Leger to Everyone (7:23 AM)
at this page you can look at all three of the past years DPDK awards. It's evolved a bit. One worry always is that often the same folks are stepping up to the highest contributor levels over and over. How do you use awards to encourage and recognize others, e.g. new participants perhaps, while still recognizing our most prolific contributors? https://www.dpdk.org/?s=awards
Jim St. Leger to Everyone (7:24 AM)
Here's a link to the 2020 open source community contributor report that I referenced above: https://www.linuxfoundation.org/en/press-release/new-open-source-contributor-report-from-linux-foundation-and-harvard-identifies-motivations-and-opportunities-for-improving-software-security/
Jim St. Leger to Everyone (7:26 AM)
Might be very interesting to do the awards solely on an annual basis and perhaps see if Arpit would let the project(s) do them on stage at ONES. That would give some great exposure the recognition, which si what the awards are all about. (I have no idea if he could support the idea, but we could ask or perhaps bring that up at the LF Edge Outreach Committee meeting. Jill Lovato could help explore the idea.)




Voting Template

TSC Voting to Approve XYZ:

Motion: 

Second: