Welcome to the Akraino Wiki
Integration Projects (aka "Blueprints")
- 5G MEC System Blueprint Family
- AI/ML and AR/VR applications at Edge
- Automotive Area
- Edge Video Processing
- Integrated Cloud Native NFV/App stack family (Short term: ICN)
- Integrated Edge Cloud (IEC) Blueprint Family
- IoT Area
- KubeEdge Edge Service Blueprint
- Kubernetes-Native Infrastructure (KNI) Blueprint Family
- Network Cloud Blueprint Family
- Public Cloud Edge Interface (PCEI) Blueprint Family
- StarlingX Far Edge Distributed Cloud
- Tami COVID-19 Blueprint Family
- Telco Appliance Blueprint Family
- The AI Edge Blueprint Family
- Time-Critical Edge Compute
- Cluster Health & Overload Monitoring Platform (CHOMP) Feature Project
- Support of OVS-DPDK in Airship
- Akraino Portal Feature Project
- Akraino Blueprint Validation Framework
- MEC API Framework
- API Gateway
- Akraino Profiling
- Akraino Regional Controller
- Backup and Restore (Snappy) Feature Project
Akraino is an open source software stack that improves the state of edge cloud infrastructure for carrier, provider, and IoT networks.
Akraino offers new levels of flexibility to scale edge cloud services quickly, to maximize the applications or subscribers supported on each server, and to help ensure the reliability of systems that must be up at all times.
Akraino also provides processing power closer to endpoint customer devices to meet application latency requirements of less than ~20 milliseconds.
This open source software stack intends to provide critical infrastructure to:
Enable line speed processing
Enable high throughput
Lower operational overhead
Address security needs
Improve fault management
The Akraino community is focused on Edge APIs, Middleware, Software Development Kits (SDKs) and will allow for cross-platform interoperability with 3rd party clouds. The Edge Stack will also enable the development of Edge applications and create an application w/ Virtual Network Function (VNF) ecosystem.
The Akraino Wiki is a collaboration tool for the Akraino community to work together and publish documents.
Need LF IT help?
If you need help with anything IT-related for your LF Edge project, please use our Service Desk platform to open a support request:
Help Us Improve the Wiki
This Wiki is owned by the Akraino Community. Contributions are always welcomed to help make it better!
In upper right, select Log In. You will need a Linux Foundation Account (can be created at http://myprofile.linuxfoundation.org/) to log-in. For a Wiki tutorial, please see Confluence Overview. Thank you!