Welcome to the Akraino Wiki
Integration Projects (aka "Blueprints")
- 5G MEC/Slice System to Support Cloud Gaming, HD Video and Live Broadcasting Blueprint
- AI/ML and AR/VR applications at Edge
- Connected Vehicle Blueprint
- Edge Video Processing
- ELIOT: Edge Lightweight and IoT Blueprint Family
- Integrated Cloud Native NFV/App stack family (Short term: ICN)
- Integrated Edge Cloud (IEC) Blueprint Family
- Kubernetes-Native Infrastructure (KNI) Blueprint Family
- Network Cloud Blueprint Family
- StarlingX Far Edge Distributed Cloud
- Telco Appliance Blueprint Family
- The AI Edge Blueprint Family
- Time-Critical Edge Compute
Akraino Edge Stack is an open source software stack that improves the state of edge cloud infrastructure for carrier, provider, and IoT networks.
Akraino Edge Stack offers new levels of flexibility to scale edge cloud services quickly, to maximize the applications or subscribers supported on each server, and to help ensure the reliability of systems that must be up at all times.
Akraino Edge Stack also provides processing power closer to endpoint customer devices to meet application latency requirements of less than ~20 milliseconds.
This open source software stack intends to provide critical infrastructure to:
- Enable line speed processing
- Enable high throughput
- Reduce latency
- Improve availability
- Lower operational overhead
- Provide scalability
- Address security needs
- Improve fault management
Akraino Edge Stack community is focused on Edge APIs, Middleware, Software Development Kits (SDKs) and will allow for cross-platform interoperability with 3rd party clouds. The Edge Stack will also enable the development of Edge applications and create an application w/ Virtual Network Function (VNF) ecosystem.
The Akraino Wiki is a collaboration tool for the Akraino community to work together and publish documents.
Help Us Improve the Wiki
This Wiki is owned by the Akraino Community. Contributions are always welcomed to help make it better!
In upper right, select Log In. You will need a Linux Foundation Account (can be created at https://identity.linuxfoundation.org/) to log-in. For a Wiki tutorial, please see Confluence Overview. Thank you!