Below attached you can find a list of some of the activities reflecting the Akraino and ALICON (Ike ALIsson CONsulting) partnering. Alicon's Partnering approach reflects ideas from the field of "Alliance Strategy", distinguishing the "Partner" role/responsibility and interaction from the "Vendor/Supplier" role/responsibility and interaction.
3GPP granted ALICON SWEDEN on November 10th, 2021 the right to use the
"5G Advanced" marker (logo) on ALICON SWEDEN 5G presentations and marketing material . The 3GPP decision to adopt the new marker (logo) for 5G was taken at the 3GPP Project Coordination Group (PCG#46-e Meeting) in April 2021. The "5G-Advanced" logo is envisioned to mark the 3GPP Reports and Specifications, from Release-18 & onward.
This is an evolvement to 3GPP granting ALICON SWEDEN on February 13th, 2017, the right to use
5G marker/logo (3GPP Rel. 15 and onward specifications) on presentations and marketing material.
Below attached is a list of some of the Akraino & Alicon Partnering Activities
Akraino Forum's purpose is to facilitate the on-going flow of Information to TSC and BPs' PTLs in terms of seminars, that take place each Tuesday at the Akraino TSC meetings. The presentations are conducted either by Akraino TSC member or a guest invited by Akraino TSC member.
The model behind that process aiming to facilitate outlining the Issues, that stands on the way and hinder to achive the Goals is denoted as G. A. I. N. (what is Needed to resolve the Issue(s) that hinders/stands on the way to Achieve the Goal(s)) (please see attached below Ref. Ericsson PtW).
The link to Akraino Forum for generating and evolving innovative ideas is: Akraino Forum for generating and evolving "innovative ideas"
The following presentation and input have been provided by Ike Alisson
1. Presentation on 5G Personal IoT Networks (PINs) enhancements in 5G Network and Application Layers to Akraino TSC on July 20 & July 27, 2023
2. Presentation on Challenges in (selected) Cloud-native adoption in (distributed & disaggregated) MNOs (5G and B5G) Networks need for Synergy between Compute, Storage, Networking and Communications
3. Presentation on "5G Advanced Capabilities presented on September 22nd to LF Edge Akraino Technical Summit, Fall 2022
The presentation aimed to share selected nsights into 3GPP specifications for "5G Advanced" Release related to both, insights and pace of development related to "equivalent" NPNs/SNPNs (Private Networks) with support to non 3GPP Access and providing support for Localized Services, APIs evolvement for realization of Service Enablement Framework Services, Analytics on System & Application level, Enhacements on System & Application level for developing Applications/Service on the Edge, exemplifying the alignment between 3GPP EDGEAPP & ETSI MEC Architectures as part of the GSMA proposed in June 2021 Solution for providing E2E Solution for Edge Applications & some insights on the O-RAN Alliance SMO related non RT-RIC related to rApps.
4. Ike Alisson input to LFN (Linux Foundation Networking) 5G Super Blueprint Project (SBP) on selected 5G aspects (links below):
4.1 LFN 5G Super Blueprint Project (SBP) reflecting the comments/remarks made during the 5G and 5G Advanced selected Capabilities presentation on June 7th, 2022
Link to the input: https://wiki.lfnetworking.org/display/LN/5G+SBP+Security+in+5G+Architecture
Link to the input: https://wiki.lfnetworking.org/display/LN/5G+SBP+Use+Case+-+5G+Slicing
5. Presentation on "5G and 5G Advanced" selected Capabilities to LFN 5G Super Blueprint Project on June 7th, 2022
6. Presentation on "5G Private Networks" (3GPP standard specified PNI-NPN/SNPN, Public Network Integrated - Non-Public Network/Stand-alone Non-Public Network) on March 9th, 2022 at LF Edge Akraino Technical Meeting, Spring 2022
7. Presentation on February 22nd, 2022 to LF Edge Board about Akraino 2021 Annual Review
8. Presentation on February 9th, 2022 to LF Edge TAC about Akraino 2021 Annual Review
9. Input on Akraino China co-operation with OpenGCC (Green Computing Consortium), EEC (Edge Computing Consortium) and SDNLab
10. Akraino presentation to KICS (Korean Institute of Communications and Information Sciences) about update on Open Source and Standard trends on 3GPP specifications for 5G, and IoT on November 24th, 2021.
KICS is the largest ICT Institute in Korea with over 26,000 members, 50 members, 8 domestic and 5 overseas chapters, and 30 specialized Research Groups. As the growth engine and leader of ICT in Korea that has achieved the greatest accomplishments in the world, KICS provides open networks for Universities, Corporations, Government-affiliated Agencies and Research Institutes to engage in Academic activities, Technical Cooperation and Policy Reviews in the fields of ICT-based Communications, Broadcasting and ICT Convergence Industries.
11. Presentation on October 4th, 2021 to Cloud Native Computing Foundation (CNCF) Telecom User Group (TUG) on 5G selected Architecture Themes on 5G New Service Capabilities
12. Presentation as part of the Introduction co-speaker to the Akraino IoT Area Webinar / Regional Developer Meetup - Africa on September 15th, 2021
Link to Akraino IoT Area Webinar video presentation:
13. Presentation on July 27th, 2021 on Self-driving/Autonomous Cars to Akraino Automotive Area workshop as part of the Introduction to Open Discussion
14. Presentation on June 29th, 2021 to Akraino TSC on " 6G selected Architecture Themes as Sensing Networks through 3GPP PIoT (PINs), ETSI SAREF eHAWs, 3GPP Core RAN Synergy & CS (Cell Free) Solution
15. Presentation on March 23rd, 2021 to ETSI MEC ISG about LF Edge Akraino Project
16. Presentation on February 19th, 2021 to Akraino TSC API Sub-committee on the "5G System and Service Providers (SP) New Services: Data-centric Approach"
IKAL 5G PINs Network and Applic Layers Capabilities
17. Input on IoT legacy OPC UA IEC 62 541 standard specification and 5G IoT PCS and oneM2M IoT Service Layer (SL) Platform Global Standard as a sub-catalogue to Akraino IoT Family Integration Projects (Blueprints)
18. Presentation to LF Edge TAC on Akraino Annual Review for 2020 from January 13th, 2021
19. Presentation to Akraino TSC API Sub-committee on the "Edge evolvement" in 5G Network Mobility and 5G ETSI MEC synergy from November 6th, 2020
20. Akraino liaison to LF Edge SOTE and input about Akraino Project to LF Edge SOTE Annual report from October 2020
21. Input presentation to Akraino TSC on Akraino Goals for 2020 from November 4th, 2019:
22. Contributions to Akraino API Sub-committee with Techical Reports and Specifications (TRs/GRs & TSs) on APIs evolvement from various SDOs such as 3GPP, ETSI MEC, TM Forum.
The link to Akraino API Sub-committee Docs Archive is: Akrano API Sub-committee Docs File Archive
23. Defining the procedure on How to request Documentation Review" at the Akraino Documentation Sub-committee
For further information and insight on the procedure defintion, you may look at the Akraino Documentation Sub-committee link: Documentation Sub-committee