The Radio Edge Cloud blueprint is member of the Telco Appliance blueprint family which is designed to provide a fully integration tested appliance tuned to meet the requirements of the RAN Intelligent Controller (RIC). When complete it will include automated configuration and integration testing from the below the OS up through RIC (from https://gerrit.oran-osc.org/r/#/admin/projects/). As a member of the Telco Appliance blueprint family it shares many hardware and software components, including installation, configuration management and APIs with other family members. Each family member will be a separate appliance with a close family resemblance to its siblings.
- Specific hardware configuration that are automatically tested via continuous deployment automation. Multiple hardware variations may be tested in parallel, but each tested configuration will be fully specified and reproducible.
- Specific pre-boot software (e.g. firmware/BIOS) will be specified as part of the CD tested configuration
- Reproducible software installation and configuration - an opinionated deployer will allow deployment of large numbers of sites with versioning that is traceable back to automated CD testing
- Modular building blocks assembled and tested (via CD automation) to ensure a guaranteed level of performance of the target application (RAN Intelligent Controller) while allowing other members of the family to assemble and tune the same modular building blocks to other target applications
- May be extended in the future to integrate RIC+other application, but still in an appliance with tested/guaranteed performance of the combined application set
Open and Future Development
Original Proposal Presentation: